“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thess. 5:16-18
As Turkey Day is approaching, the topic for this month’s TOS Crew Blog Hop is “I am thankful for…” Wow! There are so many, many things I am thankful for…and so many more that I SHOULD be thankful for everyday, but never seem to take the time to notice. The bible verse I began with says we should rejoice ALL the time, and I have to admit….I can be a bit of a grumbler. Far too often, I take my focus off of what I have and put it onto what I don’t. It seems so easy to get bogged down in the day-to-day difficulties, and forget the big picture of the blessings you have. I am working hard to change that line of thinking, by taking time daily to remind myself of how fortunate I am. So…here goes:
1. I am thankful for God and the salvation given to me through His son, Jesus Christ.
2. I am thankful for my two crazy, loud, funny, exasperating and healthy boys!
3. I am thankful for my hard-working husband who makes so many sacrifices so that I can stay home with our kids.
4. I am thankful for good friends who support me in what I do.
5. I am thankful for the support I get from other homeschoolers…both in advice and encouragement on those days it seems too hard.
6. I am thankful that each day is a NEW day and I am given a chance to start over and correct past mistakes!!
7. I am thankful for good books and sweet kitties to curl up on my lap when I read.
8. I am thankful that we have a home to live in.
9. I am thankful for my mom.
10. I am thankful to have the ability to homeschool my kids.
11. I am thankful for our service men and women who are far from home fighting for our country.
12. I am thankful that my cousin came back from his year in Afghanistan.
13. I am thankful for all the delicious flavors of coffee available during the holidays.
14. Ditto for ice cream flavors!! 🙂
15. I am thankful for cozy nights on the couch watching holiday specials and other movies with my family!
16. I am thankful for date nights with my hubby! (even if they don’t come frequently enough 🙂 )
17. I am thankful for Netflix, which provides entertainment to this cable-free family!
18. I am thankful for the beach, where we love to spend our time.
19. I am thankful for theme-parks, because we love to go ride the rides.
20. I am thankful for my this slightly unusual, frequently crazy, often difficult, but totally beautiful life that I live!
I could list more, but then you’d be here reading forever. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and have many chances to count your blessings. To see what other members of the Crew are thankful for, click here: