It’s hard to believe, but it is the last blog cruise of 2012!! I have had so much fun sharing my thoughts with other homeschoolers, and reading what you all have to say. Our topic for this week is, appropriately, “I am thankful”. With the holidays right around the corner, it is so easy to get caught up in the busyness, but I really do try to take time every day to reflect on what I have to be thankful for. My family has faced many obstacles the last few years (health issues, finances, losing our home etc. etc.), and I find it quite easy to sometimes slip into that “woe is me” mode. I find that reminding myself to “count my blessings” helps to keep me from falling into that trap.
So, what am I thankful for?? So many things….here they are (in no particular order):
- I am thankful for God’s undending love and mercy. That He forgives us daily and gives us the chance to start over with each new day. This is particularly important for a homeschooling mom who gets frustrated and loses her temper more than she would like.
- I am thankful for my health, and my family’s health. This is not to be taken for granted. We have had some health issues over the years, but they have been small compared to what many of my friends have had to go through. Honestly, if you can wake up in the morning and say that you and the people you love the most are healthy, that is the MOST IMPORTANT thing!
- I am thankful for the roof over our heads and the food on the table. No, it’s not the roof we thought we would have, and the meals aren’t exactly gourmet, but still, we have all that we NEED, and that is enough.
- I am thankful for my amazing husband whom I have been married to for almost 16 years now. We have had our trials, but together we have gotten through them. I am thankful he is a man who loves the Lord, and is committed to working so hard to take care of our family so I can be home with our children, where we feel God wants me to be.
- I am thankful for my crazy, active, funny, incredible boys. Yes, they frustrate me, especially when they do things like fight, or jump on the furniture when you’ve told them not to for the 100th time, or you trip over the shoes or toys in the hallway!! But, at times like that, I remind myself that they are growing every day, and time seems to be flying faster as they get older. I know the time will come when my house will be quiet, and will stay clean for more than one day, and when that happens, I will probably miss all the chaos, so I am going to do my best to enjoy it.
- I am thankful for my extended family and friends, who are always there when I need them, and I am thankful for the support I get from my fellow homeschooling moms, both online and in person.
- I am thankful to be able to homeschool my children without fear.
- I am thankful for my pets!! Our dogs and our cat are a part of our family….they bring all of us so much joy!
- I am thankful for good books to read, and a nice hot cup of coffee in the morning and the occasional glass of red wine.
- I am thankful for our church and our church community.
- I am thankful to have children who have hearts that are already turned to God.
- I am thankful for all the memories I have of my nana and pop-pop, and I am very thankful for all they did to raise me.
My list could go on and on….some days I just find thankfulness in the small things, like the fact that something new has sprouted in the garden. Other days…I am overwhelmed at the amazing and undeserved blessings God has bestowed on me. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
To see what other crew members had to say on this topic, click here:
<center><a href=”http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/category/blog-cruise/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/Blog%20Redesign/blogcruisebutton2.jpg” alt=”Photobucket” border=”0″ /></a></center>