Time for another recipe share!! I really love this blog hop! Today, I am sharing on of my family’s favorite crock pot recipes. (I do love using my crock pot, it makes a busy day much easier 🙂 )
1 cup apple cider
2 lb. pork loin
2 large green apples (I use Granny Smith), peeled and sliced
1 1/2 whole butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 teaspon thyme
1/4 teaspon sage
1. Heat cider in skillet over medium-high heat. Sear pork loin on all sides in cider.
2. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper and place in crock pot along with pan juices.
3. Combine apples and squash in large bowl, sprinkle with sugar and spices, spoon over pork in slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
5. Let pork stand about 10 minutes before slicing and serve topped with apples and squash.
There you go, very simple and oh so good! The flavors of the apples and the squash mix with the pork wonderfully! Give it a try!