A new week, and new recipe! This time it is for Mexican Stuffed Peppers. This is a really yummy one-pan dish I make for my family and serve with some bread!
6 med. green stuffed peppers
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped celery
3 cups cooked rice (I use Minute Jasmine Rice)
1 cup salsa
1 tablespoon chopped green chiles
2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Cut tops off peppers and discard and remove seeds. In large pot, cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
3. In skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink, drain.
4. Stir in the rice, salsa, chiles, chili powder and salt and then spoon into the peppers.
5. Spray 13x9x2 inch pan with cooking spray (or use the Reyolds Wrap Pan lining paper like I did) and place the peppers inside. Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan.
6. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
7. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake 2 min. until cheese is melted.
8. Garnish with a little salsa on top.
This is a top request for dinner at my house. Give it a try! To see other recipes, click here: