I have only recently begun to cook seafood at home. This recipe for shrimp scampi was easy and tasty!
1 1/2 pounds of shrimp peeled and deveined (I used frozen shrimp)
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup lemon juice
8 minced garlic cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup minced parsley
1. Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet and saute the shrimp for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and stir for another minute.
3. Transfer the shrimp to a casserole dish and cover to keep warm.
4. Add the broth, wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parsley to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes or until half of the sauce has boiled off.
5. Pour sauce over shrimp and serve with lemon wedges.
There, a great recipe for a newbie seafood cook. Check out other recipes for this week here: