My oldest boy has decided he loves fish tacos! He had some at our friend’s house and begged me to make them for his birthday. So, I called my best friend and got the recipe and made them. They were very easy to make and actually really good.
6 Tilapia filets
creole seasoning (I use Tony’s)
3 tablespoons butter
3 Roma tomatoes
1/2 red onion
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can chiles in adobo sauce
1. Melt the butter in the microwave.
2. Mix together the seasoned salt, garlic powder, and creole seasoning to taste in a shallow bowl.
3. Brush the filets with the melted butter and dredge in the seasoning mixture.
4. Add some olive oil to a skillet and cook the filets two at a time until the fish is cooked through.
5. Remove the fish to a baking dish and cover to keep warm.
6. Chop the tomatoes, onions, and cilantro and place in bowls along with the shredded lettuce.
7. To make the sauce, drain the sauce from the canned chiles into a bowl and mix it with sour cream.
8. Warm the tortillas.
9. Chop the fish into small pieces, and serve with the tortillas, sauce, and veggies.
Yum! I had never made fish tacos before and I was surprised at how well they turned out. It was an easy dinner because I just put everything on the table and let my hubby and the kids make up their own tacos. I served these with black beans and rice. If you are looking for a different take on taco night, give this recipe a try! To see some other recipes, check out the recipe share here: