This is the meal my hubby requested for Father’s Day this year. It was a recipe my friend gave me for sausage and peppers, and I modified it just a bit to make it my own.
2 lbs. sausage (I use sausage made with peppers and onions)
1 lb. peeled, deveined shrimp
2 cups chopped onions
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped green peppers
4 minced garlic cloves
8 oz. can tomato sauce
3 cans black beans rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Chop the sausage into small pieces and brown in a skillet.
2. Drain the meat and place it in the crock pot.
3. Add the chopped vegetables.
4. Add the beans and seasonings.
5. Pour in the chicken broth.
6. Cook for 8 hours on low.
7. Add the shrimp 30 minutes before cooking time is over.
8. Serve with white rice.
Yum 🙂 This is a really easy and delicious dinner. The first time I made it, my husband happened to have a friend hanging out in the garage. He tried some and immediately asked me to send his wife the recipe!
To check out other new recipe’s from this week, click here: