MMMMM….mac and cheese…one of my favorite comfort foods. Usually I make it as a side, but this week I decided I wanted a main dish mac and cheese, so this is what I came up with.
1 box elbow macaroni
16 oz frozen spinach,thawed and squeezed
1 pack bacon, crumbled
2 cups chopped cooked ham
10 oz. cream cheese
16 oz. sour cream
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups shredded Italian cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Cook the macaroni according to package directions. While the macaroni is cooking, take out the cream cheese and butter to allow it to soften.
2. Cook the bacon and allow to cool.
3. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter and cream cheese and stir until melted.
4. Add the tomatoes, spinach, bacon, ham, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian cheese, and shredded cheddar and stir.
5. Spray a 13X9 baking pan. Transfer the macaroni to the pan, cover, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Uncover and sprinkle with the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is browned.
That’s it!! Of course, you could easily customize this by using chicken instead of ham, or using different cheeses, this is just how my family likes it. To see more recipes for this week, click here: