This is one of the things my kids most look forward too every Christmas! We make it each December, and I usually have to make a double batch! Here is the way I make Peppermint Bark.
12 oz. dark chocolate chips
12 oz. white chocolate chips
1 package candy canes, broken into pieces
1. Melt the dark chocolate chips. You can use a double broiler if you have one or if you don’t (which I don’t), place a small glass bowl on top of a small pot with about 1-2 inches of water in it. Bring the water to a boil and place the chips in the bowl, stirring until they melt.
2. Spread the melted dark chocolate over wax paper on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the fridge.
3. Melt the white chocolate chips and spread the melted white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate.
4. Sprinkle the broken candy cane pieces on top of the white chocolate, pressing them into the chocolate.
5. Place the cookie sheet back in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes, until the chocolate is hard.
6. Break into pieces and place in a container.
That’s it. By the way, my kids LOVE to help me break up the candy canes! Check out other recipes for this week here: