MMM…we love tacos and spicy foods in our house. So, when a neighbor had us over for dinner and served this dish, I had to ask her for the recipe. This was easy to make, and we had plenty of leftovers.
2 lbs. ground beef
1 box of jumbo shells (24)
1 package cream cheese
2 cups of salsa
2 cups taco sauce
1 packet taco seasoning
1/3 cup water
4 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
1. Brown and drain the meat.
2. Return the meat to the pan and stir in the taco sauce and water.
3. Add the cream cheese (cut into cubes so it melts easier).
4. Cover the pan and simmer on low for 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
5. Cook the pasta shells according to package directions.
6. Cover the bottom of two 13X9 inch pans with the salsa.
7. Place the shells in the pan and spoon the meat mixture into the shells.
8. Pour the taco sauce on top of the shells.
9. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
10. Remove foil and sprinkle shells with shredded cheese.
11. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I served this with a salad, and some chopped green onion, cilantro, olives, and sour cream as toppings. Everyone loved it! Give it a try and let me know what you think. And check out all the other Try a New Recipe Tuesday dishes here: