For this week’s Try a New Recipe Tuesday I am going to share one of my family’s favorite desserts. I made it for the holidays this year, but because it is so easy, I make it at other times as well. If you have someone in your family that loves Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, they will love this!
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 additional tbsp. peanut butter
1 cup cold milk
2 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 Oreo Pie Crust
3 squares of semi-sweet chocolate
1. Beat the softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup of peanut butter until well blended.
2. Add the cold milk and vanilla pudding and beat for two minutes.
3. Whisk in 1 cup of the cool whip.
4. Spoon the peanut butter filling into the Oreo pie crust and refrigerate.
5. Microwave the remaining 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip and the semi-sweet chocolate squares in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until the mixture is smooth.
6. Cool the chocolate for 5-10 minutes, then spread over the peanut butter filling in the crust.
7. Microwave the 1 tbsp. of peanut butter for about 15 seconds, then drizzle over the chocolate.
8. Refrigerate the pie until the topping is hardened.
That’s it! If you like desserts that aren’t overly sweet, this one is for you! Check out the rest of the recipes from Try a New Recipe Tuesday here: