This week I am sharing a quick and easy recipe for tasty chicken tamales! This takes less than an hour, is very filling, and makes plenty for leftovers.
1 whole chicken, cooked and shredded (if you have time you can bake your own with some cumin, garlic, and onion powder. Or you can use leftover chicken, or even pick up a chicken from the deli at the grocery store)
1 can enchilada sauce
16 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
1 can creamed corn
8 1/2 oz. corn muffin mix
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1. Combine the muffin mix, chili powder, cumin, corn, eggs, milk and half of the cheese in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
2. Spoon the corn bread mixture into a greased 13X9X2 pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and slice 10-12 slits into the top of the corn bread.
5. Pour the enchilada sauce on top.
6. Spread the shredded chicken on top of the enchilada sauce and cover with the remaining cheese.
7. Bake at 400 for an additional 25 minutes.
There, a yummy one-dish meal that is simple and fast. Perfect for a busy night. I serve this with chopped green onion and sour cream. Enjoy! Be sure to check out other recipes from Try a New Recipe Tuesday here: