I love tomatoes! And cheese, and garlic, and balsamic vinegar! So basically this recipe is a combination of some of my favorite things.
4 thin chicken breasts
4 cloves of garlic
2 pints cherry tomatoes
10-12 basil leaves
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Heat one tbsp. of the olive oil in a pan. Sprinkle the chicken with the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
2. Place the chicken in the pan and cover the pan. Cook for about 5-8 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Set aside.
3. Mince the garlic and chop the basil leaves. Halve the tomatoes.
4. Add one tbsp. olive oil to a second pan. Put the minced garlic in the pan and cook for two minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for an additional five minutes.
6. Add the chopped basil leaves and cook for one minute more.
7. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast.
8. Pour the tomato mixture on top of the chicken.
9. Cover and cook for a few minutes, until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
10. Remove from heat and top with the balsamic vinegar.
This was very tasty and could be served with pasta, bread, and other sides. I chose a Caesar salad because it was easy. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out other recipes for Try a New Recipe Tuesday here: