For this week, I decided to share a breakfast recipe! These muffin omelets are so yummy. I make them on Sunday afternoons some weeks and then we eat them for breakfast the next couple of days. My kids and hubby love them!
Toppings (whatever you want…I used bacon crumbles, mushrooms, red pepper, and spinach)
1/2 cup of milk
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1. First, prepare your toppings. Chop vegetables into small pieces and crumble any cooked bacon or sausage.
2. Spray a muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
3. Place a little of each topping in the bottom of the muffin tin.
4. Cover the toppings with shredded cheese (as much or as little as you want).
5. Whisk together the eggs, milk, baking powder, and vegetable oil.
6. Pour egg mixture over toppings in muffin tin until they are about 2/3 full. (I used a measuring cup to scoop my egg mixture out of the bowl and add it to each tin)
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until firm all the way through.
I store these in a Tupperware and we heat them up in the microwave for about 30 seconds for breakfast in the morning (or, sometimes for snacks in the afternoon!). This definitely saves me time during the week.