This week I am sharing a recipe that is one of my boys favorites for nights when its just the three of us and daddy is at work. Its really easy to make and can be ready in 20 minutes. I generally use prepared pizza crust (just because I’m too lazy to make my own on most nights!) but you could certainly use your own dough for this too!
1 pizza crust
1/2 red onion
1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup frozen corn
sliced black olives
shredded cheese (I used the Mexican blend, but you could use your favorite)
1. Brush the pizza crust with enough Olive oil to cover the whole thing.
2. Spread a layer of salsa over the crust.
3. Top the salsa with some cheese.
4. Top the cheese with the black beans, onion, and corn.
5. Cover the toppings with more cheese and add the olives.
6. Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes, until crust is golden-brown and cheese is melted. (or follow the directions for the crust that you are using)
Now, if I make this recipe for a family dinner when my husband is home, I have to make two of these. And my hubby likes to have meat at every meal, so I usually brown up some chorizo and add it with the rest of the toppings.
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to come back next week. And check out the rest of the recipes from Try a New Recipe Tuesday here: