I love take out, but it is not always practical to pick it up. So, I figured I would try this recipe for beef and broccoli in the crock pot instead!
1 lb. beef flank steak cut into strips
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp. soy sauce
10 oz. frozen broccoli florets
white rice or serving
1. Marinate the beef in teriyaki sauce for about an hour before cooking.
2. Place the beef in the crock pot.
3. In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, beef broth, and brown sugar, then pour that over the beef.
4. Cook on low four about 3-4 hours (check to see how fast the meet is cooking, since the strips are thin they tend to cook faster).
5. About a half an hour after the meat is done, add in the broccoli.
6. Serve with white rice.
All in all, this recipe got a thumbs up from the family. You could easily follow the same recipe for chicken or pork if you wanted to and just adjust the cooking time. Thanks for stopping by! I will see you next week. In the meantime, check out other recipes from Try a New Recipe Tuesday here: