This is a quick and healthy meal that is good for busy nights. I like to use fresh asparagus and edamame from the Farmer’s Market.
1 pack boneless chicken thighs
4 tbsp. flour
1 red onion
3 cloves garlic
1 lb. asparagus
1 cup edamame beans
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
2 tbsp. chopped dill
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice asparagus into 1 inch pieces and mince the garlic.
2. Slice the onion.
3. Whisk together the flour and salt and pepper.
4. Dredge the chicken in the flour.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
6. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook about 5 minutes on both sides, until chicken is golden brown.
7. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for another 3-5 minutes until tender.
8. Add the wine to the skillet and bring to a boil. Use a spatula to scrape off any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
9. Reduce to a simmer and cook until chicken is done.
10. Stir in the asparagus and edamame beans two minutes before the chicken in finished.
11. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sour cream and dill.
I served this with a baked potato, but you could certainly serve it with bread or a pasta salad.
Thanks for stopping by this week, be sure to come back next Tuesday. Check out other recipes from Try a New Recipe Tuesday here: