It has been a crazy month at my house, but I am very happy to be returning to my regular blogging schedule. This week, I am sharing an easy and delicious baked chicken recipe that uses some of my favorite flavors.
1 whole chicken (mine was about 4 lbs.)
6-8 sprigs Rosemary
2-3 tsp. salt
2-3 tsp. pepper
3 tsp. garlic salt
2-4 tbsp. olive oil
2 medium onions
5 red potatoes
1. Chop the potatoes and onions into wedges and place in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Chop about 4 sprigs of Rosemary into small pieces.
3. Drizzle the potatoes and onions with 1-2 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle the Rosemary, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, and 1 tsp. garlic salt on top. Stir to combine.
4. Chop the rest of the Rosemary and place it in a small bowl with the remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Stir to combine.
5. Rub the olive oil and Rosemary mixture all over the chicken.
6. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of one half over the chicken and the other half over the potatoes.
7. Place the chicken in a greased baking pan (or use parchment paper like I did).
8. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the lemon and another sprig of Rosemary.
9. Add the potatoes and onions to the pan.
10. Bake at 375 for 1-2 hours, basting with pan juices occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Serve with a vegetable!! This was so moist and juicy, the chicken pretty much fell right off the bone!
Thanks for joining me this week! Be sure to come back next Tuesday and check out other great recipes at Try a New Recipe Tuesday here: