Welcome to June everyone! The summer weather is in full swing in Florida, leading me to try and choose at least a few meals that do not require using the oven and heating up the house. This is what’s on our menu this week:
Monday: Greek Chicken Salad
Tuesday: Pork Verde
Thursday: Beef and Broccoli Pasta
I hope your summer is off to a great start. Thanks for joining me for Menu Plan Monday this week! See you next Monday.
Ah summer. It’s 100 degrees in the shade and cooking outdoors, in the crock pot, or in the microwave rules (at least in Florida!). I like to try to avoid heating up my house any more than it already is, so I try to find meals that do not involve using my oven. For our crew round up this week, we are sharing our summer recipes. These are some of my favorites:
1. Greek Chicken Salad: An easy and delicious meal. You can use your own chicken or cheat like I do and heat some up in the microwave.
Greek Chicken Salad
2. Pork Verde: Delicious tacos in the crock pot.
3. Mexican Chicken Salad: Another easy salad using rotisserie chicken.
4. Mexican Pizza: This cooks in the oven, but only for a short time.
5. Burgers on the Grill with Bean Salad: Grills and summer just go together.
Bean Salad, the perfect summer side.
6. Pudding Grahamwiches : The perfect summer dessert!
Do you have a favorite summer recipe? Let me know in the comments. To see what other members of the crew had to share this week, click here (goes live 6/4/14):