So one of my best friends invited me and the boys to visit one of those “you pick” blueberry farms with her and her children. Its about a 45 minute drive, but it was worth it. We got about 15 pounds of blueberries for about $30! Of course, now the question is: what to do with all those blueberries? So far we have had blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes, and last week, I used my friends recipe to make this blueberry cheesecake.
2 packs crushed graham crackers
1 stick melted butter
2 packages of Neufchatel cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
10 oz. blueberry preserves
2 cups blueberries
1. Line a 13X9 pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs in bowl and press into bottom of pan.
3. Beat Neufchatel cheese in a large bowl to make it creamy.
4. Add vanilla, sugar, and eggs to the cheese and mix until blended.
5. Spread blueberry preserves over graham cracker crust.
6. Top the crust with the blueberries.
7. Top the blueberries with the cheese mixture and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This tasted so good. I have to say, there is just something about using fresh picked blueberries that makes such a difference in the flavor! Thanks for stopping by. If you have any other ideas for ways I can use up all these blueberries, let me know in the comments. To see more new recipes check out the Try a New Recipe Tuesday link up: