Okay, this recipe I am about to share with you is completely unhealthy…and it is absolutely loaded with calories…and I’m sure someone much smarter than me could figure out a better way to make it so that it is not quite so decadent..but the thing is, it is just SO GOSH DARN DELICIOUS that I don’t care. Now, this is one of those “special desserts” that you only make once in a while, but I promise you, when you make it for a party, EVERYONE will be asking you for the recipe!!
Three 8-oz. packages of cream cheese
2 cups sugar
2 cans crescent rolls
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Blend the softened cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar until smooth.
2. Add in the vanilla and stir.
3. Open one can of the crescent rolls and shape the dough into a rectangle.
4. Press the dough into the bottom of a greased 13X9X2 pan.
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the dough.
6. Shape the other crescent roll dough into a rectangle and place it on top of the cream cheese.
7. Melt the butter and drizzle it over the top of the dough.
8. Combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle on top.
9. Sprinkle the almonds on top.
10. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, until the dough puffs up and browns.
That’s it. Now, don’t say I didn’t warn you, after that first bite you won’t be able to stop!