Since I posted something so tremendously unhealthy last week, I felt the need to post one of my favorite healthy recipes this week. This recipe for Mexican stuffed shells skips the heavy sauce and cheese, but packs in the flavor!
24 jumbo pasta shells
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 cups salsa
8 oz. tomato sauce
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup black beans
1 cup shredded Mexican chesse
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup sliced olives
1. Cook pasta shells normally and set aside.
2. In large skillet, cook the beef until done, then drain.
3. Return the beef to the skillet and stir in the salsa, tomato sauce, beans, and corn.
4. Lightly spray 13X9X2 pan with cooking spray and place pasta shells inside.
5. Stuff shells with meat mixture.
6. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and cook 5 minutes more.
8. Garnish with olives and green onions and serve with additional salsa and light sour cream for topping.
There! Simply, tasty, and healthy! It makes a nice starter for my Sopapilla Cheesecake last week! Thanks for stopping by, be sure to come back next week. Check out more recipes at Try a New Recipe Tuesday here: