In an attempt to eat less carbs, I decided to try this recipe for mashed cauliflower as a side dish. I was a little nervous, but my kids and hubby actually really liked it!
1 head cauliflower
1/2 medium onion
4 cloves roasted garlic
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Boil the cauliflower in a pot for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Cover the bottom of a small skillet with olive oil.
3. Place the chopped onion in the skillet and cook until the onion browns.
4. Add the onion and cauliflower to a large bowl and mash.
5. Stir in the garlic, then add the parsley and salt and pepper.
The mashed cauliflower had a lot of flavor and worked well as a mashed potato substitute. Do you have any ideas for other sides to take the place of potatoes? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back next week. Check out some more recipes here: