This is a quick little recipe that is full of flavor. It also sneaks in a lot of vegetables!! And, since the rice is served on the side, it also fits into my lower-carb diet! 🙂
2 bell peppers (use different colors for contrast)
1 medium onion
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 cup salsa
1 tsp. seasoned salt
2 tsp. adobo seasoning
2 tsp. chili powder
1 lb. pork, chicken, or beef, cut into small strips
2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and heat over medium heat.
2. Chop the peppers and onions into thin strips.
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
4. Add the peppers to the pan and stir fry for another three minutes, then remove mixture from the pan.
5. Add the other tbsp. olive oil to the pan then add the meat. Sprinkle on the seasoned salt and adobo seasoning and stir fry until cooked through.
6. Drain and rinse the beans and drain the corn. Add them to the pan with the meat.
7. Add the salsa and chili powder and mix.
8. Fold in the pepper and onion mixture and heat through.
9. Serve over cooked rice.
This recipe made plenty for our family of four (two teenage boys and mom and dad), plus leftovers for my hubby for work the next day! Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to come back next week. To check out more recipes, click here: