This was an easy crock pot recipe that makes enough to last for a couple of days. I love the mix of veggies and the full flavor.
3 lb. boneless pork butt
2 cans diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
10-12 baby carrots, cut into thirds
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup tomato paste
Salt and pepper
4 sprigs basil
1. Mix the wine and the tomato paste in the crock pot.
2. Add the two cans of tomatoes with their juices.
3. Add the onion and garlic and stir.
4. Place the pork in the crock pot.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
6. Serve over angel hair pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan and chopped basil.
This was really really good, and my hubby and kids all shared it for lunch the next day!! I love my crock pot 🙂 Thanks for visiting me this week, be sure to come back next Tuesday. To see more recipes, click here:
After taking a week off, we are getting back into the swing of things here. I love the fall season. Although the temperatures do not really change must here in Florida we still have fall festivals and all the yummy flavors that go with the season. So, here is what we are having for dinner this week:
Monday: Chicken Quesadillas
Tuesday: Pork and Pepper Stir Fry
Thursday: Pot Roast
Friday: Make-your-own pizza
I hope you are enjoying the change of seasons wherever you are. Thanks for stopping by for Menu Plan Monday and come back next week!
Labor Day Weekend 2014
This week I am trying out a new link-up called “Random 5 on Friday”. It’s really simple, you just post five random things that are going through your head and then link-up. Since I constantly have lists and lists of random thoughts in my head at any given time, it seemed right up my alley, and I am excited to see what everyone else has to share! Here goes:
1. Getting back into a rhythm for school after summer is really hard. Like this week, I hardly got anything done on my blog, and I swear I have been working on laundry since Monday, and I need to go to the store today and I haven’t even made a list yet. Ugh.
2. I am still waiting for our local high school to call me back about my son’s registration for the PSATs. Its annoying.
3. I love the beach. Really. I could do school there every day, but we probably wouldn’t get much done.
4. Our trip to Washington DC is getting closer.
5. I wonder how long it is going to take for temperatures to cool down around here (East Central Florida). Probably not until Halloween, or Thanksgiving.
Thanks for joining me! To see more “random 5” posts, visit The Pebble Pond. Have a great weekend!