So we went to Washington DC for a family trip and in an effort to save money I brought my crock pot along to cook dinner so we didn’t have to eat out every night. Since the weather is cooler up there, I figured I would try out this new recipe for chicken and dumplings. It was a huge hit!! It made enough to feed us for two nights, and my hubby and kids loved it!
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
2 stalks celery
1 medium onion
1/2 stick butter
4 cups chicken broth
3 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 can refrigerated biscuits
1. Chop the carrots, onion, and celery and place the in the crock pot.
2. Add the chicken and place the butter on top.
3. Add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Mix the chicken soup with the chicken broth and pour on top of the chicken.
5. Tear the biscuits into small pieces and stir into the broth.
6. Cook on low for eight hours.
7. Shred the chicken and serve.