This quick and easy recipe is makes a great weeknight dinner!
1 1/2 lb. cubed chicken
1 jar salsa verde
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. adobo seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Chopped green onion
1. Combine the spices in a small bowl and add the chicken. Toss to coat.
2. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet and add the chicken.
3. Cook for about four minutes on each side, until chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove chicken from the pan and allow to cool.
5. Add pepper, cilantro, and beans to skillet and cook on medium for one-two minutes.
6. While vegetables cook, dice the chicken.
7. Return the diced chicken to the pan, add the salsa verde, and cook for another three minutes until vegetables are soft.
8. Stir in lime juice.
9. Spread mixture on tortillas and chop with cheese and other toppings.
That’s it! I serve this with my black bean and corn salsa. This recipe made about 8 enchiladas, which was plenty for dinner and lunch the next day! Thanks for stopping by! Come back next Tuesday. To see other great recipes, click here: