If you visit here regularly, you know about my love affair with my crock pot. Seriously, I think it is just one of the best kitchen tools ever! So this recipe combines my love of my crock pot with easy, low ingredient dishes. The blend of the flavors and cheese makes this a great comfort food recipe!
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 lb. ground Italian sausage
1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese
Salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste
1. Cook the ground beef in and pork in a skillet until browned.
2. Drain and rinse, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Combine the meat, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a crock pot. Season with more salt/pepper/garlic powder as desired.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
5. Stir in the tortellini and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the top, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes more until melted.
We had this with some garlic knots and a side salad and it was fantastic!! Give it a try at your house and let me know what you think! Have a great week. For more recipes, check out: