I love cooking. And I love a nice glass of wine. So, cooking with wine? What could be better? I made this tasty dish one night and my hubby immediately told me to add it to our regular rotation! It’s a good think it’s pretty easy to cook.
4 bone-in pork chops
1 1/2 cups red wine (I just used the Cabernet that was on sale at the store)
3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
1 whole garlic bulb (peeled)
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup beef broth
1. Season the chops with salt and pepper and melt two tablespoons of the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet.
2. Place chops in the skillet and sear for a few minutes on each side until browned.
3. Remove the chops from the skillet and add the garlic cloves.
4. Cook while stirring, until cloves are browned.
5. Add the red wine and bay leaf and stir, cooking until the sauce thickens.
6. Return the chops to the pan and add the beef broth. Cook on both sides until cooked through.
7. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for two minutes more.
Serve the chops topped with the sauce from the pan and enjoy! We had this with some sauteed squash, baked potatoes, and a side salad. It was delicious! Thanks for stopping by. Check out more recipes here: