There is nothing better than a hot cup of soup on a cold day. However, with a hungry hubby and two teenage boys, soup alone is rarely enough to fill their hungry tummies. We took a trip recently and for dinner one night I made my chili soup. I chose this sandwich to go with it because A: I LOVE grilled cheese and B: I could bake all the sandwiches in the oven at the same time. After serving them my oldest said it was the best sandwich ever and promptly asked for another one!
1 loaf of French bread cut into thick slices
Land O’ Lakes Saute Express Garlic & Herb
Alouette Soft Cheese (or any other soft cheese) Garlic & Herb
Red onion, sliced
1. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Spread the Saute Expressions on one side of four pieces of the French bread and place them on the baking sheet.
3. Spread the other side of the same pieces of bread with the Alouette cheese.
4. Layer the bread with two slices of cheddar, followed by two slices of ham, two slices of red onion, 3-4 pieces of spinach, and two slices of Muenster.
5. Spread a second piece of bread with the Alouette cheese on one side, and place it on top.
6. Spread the Saute Express on the outside of the top piece.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, flipping the sandwiches one time, until the cheeses are melted.
I like this recipe a lot because using the Saute Express spread on the outside helps make the bread brown just like frying it in the pan. This sandwich was a perfect combination of crispy bread and melty cheese. Enjoy!