Being from the South, I LOVE me some good old fried chicken. However, now that I am (ahem) older, my hips don’t exactly enjoy the calories. Plus the fryer gets really hot. So I was happy to find this tasty alternative.
3 chicken breasts sliced into 3 chunks each
4 cups bran flakes, corn flakes, or some other flaked cereal, crushed
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1. Combine the buttermilk, cayenne, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
2. Place the crushed bran flakes in a shallow dish.
3. Dip the chicken chunks into the buttermilk mixture, then dredge in the corn flakes.
4. Place the chicken onto a rimmed baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
5. Cook at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
I served these with honey mustard and barbecue dip. My whole family loved them.
Check out other new recipes here: