I made this the other day and it turned out to be the perfect recipe for a gray, rainy day. I added chorizo to mine for some extra spice, but you could certainly skip that if you want.
2 lbs Italian Sausage (hot or sweet, your choice)
1 lb Chorizo
3-4 bell peppers
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 can chicken broth
1. Chop sausage into small chunks and brown in a skillet.
2. Add sausage to crock pot.
3. Slice peppers and onion into strips.
4. Add peppers, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and spices to crock pot.
5. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Serve over rice.
There was enough left over for my hubby to take to work for lunch the next day! Thanks for stopping by. What’s your favorite rainy day recipe? Let me know in the comments. Check out the other recipes from today here: