I love mushrooms. I eat them in salads, I eat them on pizza, I eat them in omelets, in soups…you get the idea. So this yummy recipe for chicken with mushroom sauce satisfies my craving for one of my favorite things!
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp Tarragon
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the tarragon, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken breasts until done (mine took about 10 minutes on both sides, use a meat thermometer to keep track of the temp.)
3. While the chicken is cooking, slice the mushrooms (if you couldn’t find pre-sliced ones like me) and mince the garlic (another side note, I just got one of the those garlic press things for Mother’s Day and they are awesome!)
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. Add the butter to the skillet and allow it to melt.
5. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the chicken stock, bring it to a boil, and continue boiling for 5 minutes.
7. Then add the whipping cream and boil for another 4 minutes.
8. Serve the chicken topped with the sauce.