This is a quick little version of shepherd’s pie with a Mexican twist that my family enjoys. It also features a lot less carbs than regular shepherd’s pie does.
1 lb. lean hamburger
2 low carb tortillas
1 medium onion
1 bunch green onion
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 can chopped olives
3 cloves garlic
1 can enchilada sauce
1 bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 tbsp butter
1. Chop the onion and garlic. Cook in a skillet in with the ground beef until brown.
2. Drain and season with some salt and pepper. Add the enchilada sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Chop the green onion and cilantro.
4.Layer a small bit of the meat sauce on the bottom of a casserole.
5. Place one tortilla on top.
6. Place half of the meat mixture on top of the tortilla.
7. Top the meat with a layer of cheese and half of the green onion, cilantro, and sliced olives.
8. Layer another tortilla on top of the cheese, then repeat the layers.
9. Finish with a final layer of cheese, green onions, cilantro, and olives.
10. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve with salad or tortilla chips on the side!
Like I said, super easy, and delicious! Thanks for stopping by! Check out more recipes here: