I love steak, but I’m not the great at working the grill. So for Father’s Day last week, I tried this recipe for a pan-fried steak, and it came out really good. The cheese was delicious and the french-fried onions gave it a delicious, crunchy texture.
2 lbs. London broil
1 block white cheddar, shredded
3 tbsp. Olive oil
1 1/2 cup beef broth
1 cup french fried onions (or more depending on your taste)
1-2 packs dried onion soup mix
salt/pepper to taste
1. Cut the steak into 3-4 smaller pieces, depending on how many people you have to feed.
2. Rub the steak with olive oil and then rub the dried onion soup mix onto both sides. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
3. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to a large pan and cook the steaks over medium heat about 4 minutes on each side to brown.
5. Add broth to the pan and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until meat reaches the internal temperature you desire (about 145 degrees for medium rare).
6. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the meat and cover the pan, allowing the cheese to melt.
7. Remove from the heat and serve the steaks topped with the french fried onions.
My hubby gave this meal two thumbs up, and it was really easy to make! Check out other new recipes here:
This sounds yummy! I am always a sucker for a recipe! Thank you.
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday 6/29/15 | kingdomacademyhomeschool
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday 8/17/15 | kingdomacademyhomeschool
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday 5/9/16 | kingdomacademyhomeschool
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday 6/13/16 | kingdomacademyhomeschool