I love zucchini. However, my hubby is not a huge fan. So, I try to find ways to sneak it into our menu without making it too obvious. I decided to try stuffed zucchini after my friend said her family loved it. I figured since I was mostly just using the outside of the zucchini and I was filling it with yummy meat and cheese it had to be a hit!
3 medium-large zucchini
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 small tomato
Salt and Pepper
1. Brown the hamburger and sausage in a skillet and drain.
2. Sprinkle the meat with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste.
3. Add the spaghetti sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Slice the zucchini in half and scoop out the inside.
5. Chop the tomato.
6. Spoon the meat mixture into the zucchini halves.
7. Top with the chopped tomato.
8. Layer each one with some Mozzarella and Parmesan.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
I served this with a Caesar salad and some garlic bread, and my whole family enjoyed it. While my hubby is never going to be a huge zucchini fan, this is at least one recipe that allows me to include it on our regular menu without a fuss!
Check out other new recipes here: