This is an easy soup recipe that can feed a family of four twice. Best of all, it doesn’t use a lot of expensive ingredients!
2 cans Cannellini beans
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
Chopped rosemary leaves (I used about 2 stalks worth)
1 bag spinach
1 pack bacon
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1. Cook bacon in skillet until crispy, set aside on paper plate to drain and cool.
2. Cook onion, celery, and garlic in same skillet until onion is soft.
3. Transfer onion, celery, and garlic to large pot with half of the drippings.
4. Wash and drain the beans and add them to the pot.
5. Chop the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and add it to the pot.
6. Add enough water to the pot to at least 1/2 inch over the beans.
7. Season with salt and pepper and add the chicken bouillon cubes and rosemary.
8. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Rinse the spinach and add it to the pot, cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted. Serve.