So I love weeknight recipes that you can throw together in about 30 minutes using things you already have in your pantry. As a busy mom, recipes like that are my best friend. This particular recipe happens to incorporate mushrooms, which are one of my favorite ingredients!
1 lb. chicken tenderloins cut into 1 inch pieces
1 can white beans
2 cans diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
12 oz. sliced mushrooms
4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup tomato pesto
1/2 sliced yellow onion
12 oz. spaghetti sauce
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
chopped parsley for garnish
1. Heat some olive oil in a pan and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Add the chicken to the pan and brown on each side. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and tomato pesto and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Stir in the spices, tomatoes, beans, and spaghetti sauce.
6. Return the chicken to the pan, cover, and cook until the chicken is done.
7. Remove from heat and sprinkle the parsley and Parmesan on top.