Have you ever watched the show “Everybody Loves Raymond”? It was on TV when I was in high school and now I watch it occasionally on Netflix. Debra’s famous dish is Lemon Chicken, and after hearing it mentioned so many times, I decided I wanted to try and make it myself!
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp. chopped thyme
1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Combine the juice from two of the lemons with the minced garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme in a bowl.
2. Place the chicken in a large Ziplock bag and pour the lemon mixture in with the chicken.
3. Marinate the chicken for at least one hour.
4. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and place the chicken in the dish.
5. Brush the tops of the chicken with the olive oil.
6. Bake at 450 degrees for one hour, until the chicken is cooked through and the tops are browned.
7. Serve the chicken with the remaining lemon sliced thin as a garnish.
This dish had a lot of flavor and I loved the combination of the citrusy lemon and the garlic.