This quick and easy recipe works great for hectic weeknights when you have to get dinner on the table fast! And it only requires a few ingredients. My hubby and kids loved the flavor, and you could pretty much customize it with your own favorite veggies. Here is what I used.
2 lbs cooked smoked sausage (I used one pound hot and spicy and one pound of mild)
1 container cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. oregano
1. First, slice the sausage into pieces and set aside.
2. Next chop the onion and garlic, cut the tomatoes in half, and slice the zucchini and squash.
3. Heat some olive oil in a skillet and cook the onion until it begins to soften.
4. Add the zucchini and squash and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the sausage and cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and oregano, and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until everything is heated through.