I love the Chew. It’s one of my favorite shows. In fact, it’s one of my dreams to go to New York and sit in the audience on the tasting board and get to sample their delicious recipes! So, I decided to give one of their quick and cheap family dinner recipes a try. This particular dinner took less than 30 minutes to make and the skin came out really, really crispy. I made a few modifications but otherwise followed the recipe as given.
4 boneless chicken thighs
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic
1 bunch scallions
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp Olive oil
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, garlic salt, and oregano.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook on both sides for 7-10 minutes until skin is crispy and chicken is cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
3. While the chicken is cooking, chop the garlic, scallions, and parsley.
4. Drain the fat from the pan and add additional oil if necessary. Add the garlic and the white part of the scallions and cook for one minute.
5. Add the lemon juice and 1/4 cup of water and cook for one additional minute, using a spatula to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
6. Add the beans, parsley, and green parts of the scallions and mix together, cooking until the beans are heated through. Then serve with the chicken.
Like I said, this was a very easy meal to make, and it tasted so good. Best of all, it comes out to less than $2.00 per serving!! This is definitely going to go into our regular rotation. Thanks for stopping by, to see more new recipes, click the link here, see you next week!