This week, I’m sharing an easy weeknight meal that you can throw together and get in the oven in about 15 minutes. Then you just sit back and let it bake! And it tastes delicious! My neighbor made it when she had us over for dinner at her house and she let me have the recipe.
1 large rotisserie chicken
4 10 oz. cans green enchilada sauce
4 7 oz. cans whole green chiles
1/2 cup sour cream
6 0z. cream cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- Pour the cans of enchilada sauce into a saucepan and heat over medium heat on the stove for about 10 minutes until it starts to bubble.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream and stir until melted.
- Open the cans of green chiles and drain in a strainer. Open one side of the chiles and pull the seeds out. Pat them dry with a towel.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and lay about 12 of the chiles flat across the bottom.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken and lay half of the meet on top of the chiles.
6. Pour half the sauce on top of the chicken.
7. Layer the Parmesan cheese on top of the sauce.
8. Add the rest of the chiles on top the cheese. Then place the rest of the chicken on top of the chiles.
9. Pour the remaining sauce on top of the final layer of chicken and then layer the mozzarella on top of that.
10. Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and brown.
I served these with tortilla chips crumbled on top, but the next day, my sons loaded the leftovers on top of the tortillas and ate them like nachos. If you don’t want to use a rotisserie chicken you could definitely cook your own chicken and just shred it instead, but I’m all about short cuts on busy days!
Thanks for stopping by. Make sure to come back next week. Check out more recipes here: