This is an easy side dish that my whole family loves. My youngest son will often eat any leftovers we have by themselves the next day for lunch.
2 cans kidney beans, rinsed
1 bunch green onions
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
- Chop the onion, green onion, and garlic.
2. Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat.
3. Place the chopped onion in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft.
4. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the, green onion, kidney beans and broth to the skillet. Reduce heat to low.
6. Stir in the spices and simmer for around 5 minutes, until half the broth cooks off and everything is heated through.
This dish is a great complement to any type of chicken or pork and also goes great with tacos. Thanks for stopping by! See you next week.