This is a great little twist on the typical chicken soup recipe that combines some of my favorite flavors. It simmers on the stove for a few hours and smells delicious while it’s cooking. It also tastes even better the next day!
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can diced green chiles
6-8 cups water
6 chicken bouillon cubes
1 medium onion
4 stalks celery
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tbsp. cumin
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. Adobo
1/2 tbsp. Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper
1-2 avocado for garnish
- Dice the onion, celery, and garlic.
- Add some olive oil to a large pot and cook the onion, garlic, and celery for 3-5 minutes, until soft.
3. Season the chicken with the Mrs. Dash and Adobo and add it to the pot.
4. Pour in the tomatoes and green chiles and add the cumin and Italian seasoning.
5. Add the water and bouillon cubes and bring the pot to a boil.
6. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for one hour.
7. After cooking for one hour, remove the chicken from the pot and shred.
8. Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the chopped cilantro.
9. Squeeze the juice from one of the limes into the pot and stir. Slice the other lime and add it to the pot.
10. Cook over low heat for another 5 minutes to allow the flavors to merge.
11. Serve the soup garnished with sliced avocado, some shredded cheese and tortilla chips on the side.
This is so incredibly yummy you won’t want to stop eating it! Thanks for stopping by, check out some more new recipes here: