I love one-dish meals, and this flavorful cheeseburger skillet is a family favorite. Since my boys are in charge of cleaning up, they like the fact that there’s not a lot of pots and pans to wash afterwards. It also leaves plenty of leftovers that heat up great for lunch the next day.
3 lbs. lean hamburger
1 can chopped green chiles
1 tsp. beef bouillon powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. Adobo seasoning
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the hamburger and brown.
- Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, Adobo, pepper, and beef bouillon.
3. Drain the fat from the meat and add a touch more olive oil to the pan.
4. Return the meat to the pan and stir in the green chiles and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
5. Stir until melted, then remove the pan from the heat.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and yogurt. Season with Adobo to taste.
7. Pour the cream mixture on top of the meat.
8. Top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until the topping has set.
10. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes, then serve.
This a complete meal, so you can serve it alone or just add a salad if you want. Tortilla chips also go well with it too! Thanks for stopping by. You can check out more recipes here: