So, my family loves cheese, and I love basil. My local produce market had chicken breasts on sale last week, and I decided to get a little creative with some of our favorite flavors. This is what I came up with.
4 chicken breast halves
1 package fresh Mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
1 package fresh Basil
1 jar roasted red peppers
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 tsp. salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Drain the red peppers and slice into strips, wash the basil and tear into individual leaves and slice the mozzarella.
2. Cut a pocket into the chicken breast and season with the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic and herb seasoning.
3. Stuff each breast with one slice of mozzarella, some of the peppers, and some of the basil leaves.
4. Place chicken in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Top each beast with one slice of mozzarella and sprinkle with some Parmesan. Top with some extra Italian seasoning.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve with a side salad and some crusty bread. Enjoy!
This was really yummy, and a pretty healthy dish too! Thanks for stopping by! See you next week.