My family loves Sloppy Joes, but I’ve been trying to find ways to cut carbs and calories, and this casserole is easy to make and provides all the delicious flavors of the traditional sandwiches.
1 lb. ground beef
3 stalks celery
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup half and half
2 cups shredded cheese
- Chop the celery, onion, and garlic. Brown with the meat in a large skillet.
2. Drain the meat, then add the vinegar, mustard, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes then add in half of the cheese and allow it to melt.
4. Spray a pie pan with cooking spray and add the meat mixture to the pan.
5. Top the meat mixture with the rest of the cheese.
6. Whisk the eggs, yogurt, and cream together in a bowl and pour over the cheese.
7. Bake the casserole at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
I served this with a salad (for me) and some rolls for my hubby and boys so they could still eat it as a sandwich if they wanted too. It was so yummy!
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy!