I love summertime, and not just the slower-paced days and outdoor fun, I also love summer cooking! This week’s Crew Round Up is all about summer cooking, and these are some of my favorite things to make this time of year.
Salads: What’s easier and more delicious than a summer salad for dinner? And you can’t forget side salads to bring to those cookouts! These are some of my family’s favorite salad recipes for summer:
- Bean Salad: this is a quick and easy side dish suitable for any party, or serve it as a side for burgers!
2. Avocado Tomato salad: If avocados are on sale at the store I buy them and make this for lunch!
3. Mexican Chicken Salad: this is honestly one of my favorite dinners to make when we go on vacation. I use a rotisserie chicken from the deli, so it requires no real cooking. Plus it makes a lot and the dressing is delicious.
4. Caesar Pockets: Make these and pack them in the cooler for lunch on the go, or serve them with some chips as a light dinner.
Grilling: what seems more like summer than cooking on the grill? Now, I made a lot of these steaks in my skillet, but you could easily adapt the recipes and grill them outdoors or on an indoor grill pan!
- Citrus Steak: the orange marmalade in this marinade gives the steak a yummy, tangy flavor!
2. Crunchy Onion Steak: My hubby loved the crunchy topping for this steak!
3. Tuscan Steak with Beans: Simple and tasty!
Crock Pot: When it’s just too hot to heat up the oven (which it often is in Florida!) I turn to my crock pot for dinner!
- Pineapple Pork: a sweet and tangy twist on barbecue!
2. Sofrito Chicken: so easy and good, with plenty for leftovers!
3. Pork Tacos: A great meal for a crowd!
4. Cheesy Tortellini: In the mood for some pasta? Try this!
How do you like to cook in the summertime? Let me know in the comments! Make sure to check out more summer recipes from the crew here: (goes live 6/10/16)
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday 6/13/16 | kingdomacademyhomeschool