This is a great one-dish meal for a busy night. It is very filling and makes a lot, so I like to serve it when my boys have friends over. The yummy flavors make it a hit with teenagers, and it’s “grown up” enough for my hubby too!
2 cups elbow macaroni (I like to use Dreamfields Pasta because it fits with my lower-carb diet)
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 medium onion
3 garlic cloves
1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 can chopped green chiles
1 can tomato paste
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside
- Chop the onion and the garlic.
- Add some olive oil to a large skillet and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add the beef to the skillet and sprinkle with Adobo seasoning to taste. Cook until no longer pink and drain.
5. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, green chiles and spices. Stir to mix.
6. Fold the pasta into the skillet.
7. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and pour the macaroni mixture into the skillet.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
9. Uncover and add the cheese and bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
10. Serve with some bread and a salad.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by.