This tasty stew is easy to make and perfect for a dinner party or pot luck!
6 slices bacon
2 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup dried lentils
8 cloves garlic, smashed
1 can white beans
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 sprigs thyme
2 lbs pork butt cut into 2-inch pieces
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Add the bacon drippings to a slow cooker and whisk them together with the chicken broth, wine and tomato paste.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and wine and stir to mix.
- Add the pork, bacon and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Add the drained and rinsed beans in the last half hour of cooking.
I like to serve this with some bread and a salad. Enjoy!